Ground School is the Foundation for Flying
Ground School is where dreams meet reality. Being prepared on the ground leads to productive successful flight in the air. Learning to fly by its nature is one-to-one. It’s typically just you and the instructor in the plane. A classroom styled ground school lets you meet other students, pilots, and instructors while covering all of the necessary theory. They’re all in the same boat as you are. Class discussions and study groups often lead to life long flying pals and stories. Ground Schools are based on cockpit ready usefulness. It is not a pass-the-written crash course. However, a natural outcome of a good ground school is being prepared for the written exam. Tap into your inner Orville and learn to fly.
- Who: For students interested in starting to fly, or pilots that want to refresh their core knowledge
- What: Aviation Ground School
- Where: In the large Classroom at Wayman Aviation. 7501 S Airport Rd Pembroke Pines, FL 33023
- When: Evenings 5-8pm for 6 weeks.
- Why: Emphasis on cockpit usefulness and knowledge test preparation.
- Cost is only $395, no obligations, to begin your flight training
Private Pilot Ground School
Classes start the 2nd Thursday of every Second Month
Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov
Tuesday & Thursday Evenings from 5pm – 8pm & Saturdays 9-12 for 4 weeks.
Instrument Ground School
- Classes Start every 2 Months
- Accelerated 1-2 Weeks, 9am-1pm
Commercial Ground School
- Every 2 months or as required
- Accelerated class 5 Days, 20 hours
- 3 days of Commercial Theory, 1 day of Arrow Systems, 1 day of Seneca Systems
Required Materials (included in the optional School Kit):
- Jeppesen Private Pilot Textbook
- Knowledge guide Gleim/ASA/Jepp
- Cessna 172 Pilot’s Operating Handbook / ASA Pilot’s Guide
- Plotter & E6-B for Navigation sections
- Miami Sectional