Wayman Aviation offers a $99 Introductory Flight for those interested in pursuing a Private Pilot’s License.
These flights are approximately 30 minutes or 1 hour long and are highly recommended for anyone interested in aviation. On this flight, you will fly in the pilot’s seat next to a FAA Certified Flight Instructor in the co-pilot’s seat. You will take-off from Opa-Locka Executive Airport and fly east towards Miami Beach then perform a 180 degree turn and return to the traffic pattern for the airport. On the longer 1 hour excursions you will follow the coast south. Fly along Miami Beach, South Beach, and a around Key Biscayne. On your first flight you will learn to maintain the airplane in straight and level flight while taking in the scenic panorama of Miami that can only be enjoyed from the air.
The goal of this flight is to see if you are comfortable in a small aircraft and if flying is something you want to pursue. Even if you choose not to, it is an exciting experience for yourself or great as a Gift.
Ready to Fly?
30 Min DiscoveryOver North Miami
- 30 Minute Flight Above North Miami Fly at the Controls
1hr FlightOver Miami Beach
- 1 Hour Flight Over Miami Beach and Key Biscayne Fly at the Controls Log Your First Hours (US Citizens)
Top Gun3 Flight Lessons
- 2 Flight Lessons 1 Full-Motion Simulator Lesson Learn Fundamentals
30 Minute Flight
- Do you Have the Right Stuff, to be a Pilot?
- 30 Minutes Flights are $99
- Fly the Pattern at Opa Locka Airport in North Miami
- Typically flown in a Cessna 152
- No Passengers
- Please notify us if you are over 6 Feet tall and/or 250+ Pounds
1 Hour Flight
- Take off from Opa Locka Airport and fly east over Sunny Isles/Aventura. Turn south along Miami Beach, over South Beach and around Key Biscayne.
- Maintain straight and level flight with the guidance of a Certified Flight Instructor.
- Bring your camera and up to 2 passengers
- Maximum Combine Weight Limit of 400lbs.
- Kids Ages 8+, No Age Limit for Happy Healthy Individuals.
The Top Gun package is for candidate ready to go a little farther. Three lessons give you a full idea of what is involved in flight training. Note: The hours flown are only loggable if your are a US Citizen, or a resident with TSA clearance.
- Lesson 1 One hour Discovery flight over Miami Beach; Straight & Level Flight
- Lesson 2 One hour in Flight Simulator; Procedures, patterns, and landings
- Lesson 3 One hour over the Everglades; Maneuvers and Landings
All intro flights are flown during office hours:
Monday through Friday 9am to 5 pm and Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
Tips for a Great Flight
- Bring a Buddy, no extra charge
- Up to 400lbs combined weight limit
- Schedule Mornings for cool temperatures and calm winds
- Schedule at least 48hrs in advance
- Flights are Mon-Saturday 9am – 2pm
- Charge up your phone for a great Selfie
- #flyWayman so we can see your photos!
- 24 Cancellations policy
- Flights cancelled due to bad weather will be rescheduled at no cost to you