Multi-Engine rating opens the gates to new and exciting aircraft. Most high-performance and long-range aircraft have more than one engine. This rating gives you the knowledge necessary to safely and effectively control a multiple engine aircraft with retractable gear.
Can I do a Direct to Commercial Multi-Engine Course, without single-engine?
Yes, but it requires 20 hours of multi-engine time instead of the standard 15 hours in order to accommodate the commercial cross-country requirements
Can I do Multi-Engine as a Private Pilot?
Yes, you can be multi-engine rated as a private pilot. This is an excellent option for those flying in the Caribbean where multi-engine aircraft are prevalent.
How long will it take to get my Private Multi-Engine Rating?
Certification can be accomplished in one week of dedicated flying. A minimum of 10 hours are estimated for a quick private multi course
What kind of Aircraft will I train in ?
Wayman Aviation currently flies Piper Senecas for those interested in achieving a multi-engine rating.
- 10 hrs of Flight Time + Checkride
- Emphasis on single-engine procedures
- Estimate ~$4,000
- 15 hours of Flight Time including checkride
- Emphasis on commercial maneuvers, approaches, and single engine procedures
- Estimate ~$5,900
- 20hrs of Dual Flight Time + Checkride
- Commercial Maneuvers, Approaches, and Single Engine Procedures
- Commercial Cross Countries must be done in a multi (250NM XC, 100 NM Night XC)
- Estimate ~$7,500